Death and life are in the power of the tongue and
they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. Proverbs 18:21
Though life should bring the best out of us, sometimes lingering situations seem to magnify the worst. One way to control your circumstances is by paying close attention to what you say. By intentionally speaking life, you can empower your desires to live.
- Get your weapon ready. The bible says that the word is a spiritual sword. It is an offensive weapon against the negative traps of the enemy. Make a list of scriptures that are life-giving to you and confess them when you feel overwhelmed.
- Be honest with God. Confess your frustrations to God. He is not upset with you when you feel overwhelmed. Cast your care upon Him because He can handle the things that seem overwhelming.
- Find a friend. Pray for a trusted friend or mentor that can pray with you.
Some scriptures to keep your words positive:
- And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose. – Rom 8:28 KJV
- For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. – Jer 29:11 KJV
- [Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. – Heb 13:5 KJV
This post is password protected. Enter the password to view and post comments.